Monday, March 30, 2009

The Yard is coming together!

We have been trying to beautify our yard.
also the Garden had to have a Max fence!!!
I believe that my wonderful husband did a great job with the Max fence.
He has worked so hard in the garden and with the fruit trees.
I also replenished the flowers in the planters..
I could not pass up the Calla Lilli's!!!

Also Geraniums are my favorite.. My sister in law
has them in Urns on her front porch and I love them!!! They look so fabulous!!!!


The lawn is a work in progress, we were infested with CRABGRASS!! YIKES! We have tried everything from spraying them with weed killer to burning them with a torch! And still they live!!!
Also, we realized , by just looking at the green part.. that we kind of missed part of the yard! Ü
So , NO it isn't dying, just not fertilized properly!
My Sweetheart is trying something different this year, using soaker hoses for some of the garden, instead of the furrows that he usually does.

I am so excited to see the yard slowly coming
together. We had decided to redo some of the things that we had already done... I believe that if
we can figure out how to dig up one of our shade trees, we will plant it at Tom's.. We realized that 2 will make having a garden impossible when they are full grown...

We had let a bunch of weeds invade our garden last year, so this year we had to put a pre-emergent on it.. so everything has to be a plant, no seeds.. that is really hard!
We were amazed that Star nursery had corn starts!!
We just might try it?? Who knows...

We have planted Grapes besides the fruit trees. I think that they too will be years before we ever see any real crop from any of them. Ü
I would like to grow asperagress, but that takes years to get a good crop. We love them dipped in olive oil and then put on the grill!! But are soo expensive!! Maybe we will need to find a spot! Ü

We are trying to leave the middle for soccer or football or just a place for the boys and Max to run around and be crazy! Ü

Since it is still a work in progress, things still may change!
We will have to see how things work out in the next year or two..
We don't always have the real vision of thing at first..Ü
Usually it is my ideas that don't always pan out..Ü
I am not a visionary! If I had been, I would be rich by now!! HA HA HA

The weather has already frozen 9 of our tomatoes.. Luckily we have 6 more that we had not planted.. There is a storm coming on Wed. so I am guessing that we are going to wait this time
to plant those..Ü We just could not wait to push spring to come.
We were hoping that our excitement for good weather would influance the Weather. Ü
Saddly, we were wrong.. Good thing that it will be only about $5.00 to buy the rest of the tomatoes to replace the dead ones...

I am still crossing my fingers for SPRING!! Ü

1 comment:

2pattyesque said...

Your yard is looking really nice. I will need to come see it in person! I, too, admired Cori's geraniums.