Sunday, February 22, 2009

Feeling melancholy

Melancholy is how I feel, Having spent the day yesterday and the evening before it at a Viewing and a Funeral for my Aunt who lived to be 101.
101 is a long time to live... She was blessed to have her mind at least 99% of her life!
Her siblings who have passed before her were not so lucky!
Her whole family was a family of workers!!
By that I mean, they were never time wasters, and were not afraid of hard work!!

It has me thinking of what Example I am setting for my family..??
I am capable of hard work and I am not afraid of it either..
But I am also very able in the wasting time area like no other!!! Ü

All the Aunts in my Father's family, well really ALL of them were AVID yard people!!
Not that my yard is bad, but they took such time and it really showed.
They were also Well educated people! Even those that did not have a formal education
made them selves well versed in many things and always was continuing learning
as long as they were able.. (My Mother also has a Bachelor's Degree)

I on the other hand, have run so fast & far away from College when I left after 1 year, that I
think that I have lost the way back!!??? Ü (I think that was a run on sentence?)
I do have my Insurance Licence, and keep it up to date. But I would like to be
like my BFF T.W.E. Who was smart enough to get her associate at the very least!
Smart in that she didn't get married and then quit!

What memories do we want to leave behind?
What things do we hope are forgotten? Or forgiven???Ü

My Sister had a interesting thought about talents..
Their having possibly another side to them..

She used the example of "Someone who at one point in their life, was thought by others to be great at organization, and delegation, could at another part of their life come across to others as controlling and bossy! Kind of a 2 edge sword.

Some how when she said that" Moderation in all things" came to my mind..??
I believe it pertains to more than food, for which it is used the most.
You can control some of your world but not all of your world!
So in trying to control the universe, people will find you at least at some point, a pain in the butt!

I am praying that I will learn from the things that I see others do , so as not to learn the hard way!!!!!!

The one thing that I know is true, I was blessed to come into the most wonderful family!
Who through their Faith and hard works, have set an example that will be hard to beat!!

1 comment:

familywithfivekids said...

I often wish I knew more deeply your relatives, such great people! I often think of Pres. Hinckley's thoughts on teaching our children the value of hard work (and often need to apply it to myself!)