Friday, April 24, 2009

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall!

Last night around 7:30 ish PM.
My sister called to say that our Mom had fallen
and they had called to have us take her for stitches.
She had been watching TV and the sun was blinding her.
She got up to close the blinds and somehow fell,
hitting her head on a podium that they use for church services.
Arriving at the assisted living Home, we found her still
lying where she had fallen. Bloody towels, but the head wound
in really good shape..
We were able to borrow a wheel chair , that was a life saver
for all 3 of us! Ü
Even though she had hit her head, she complained of back pain
the whole time. Lower back pain.
We took her to the insta-care first, they looked her over and
then sent us to the emergency room. Her pupils were 2 different sizes.
At the emergence room, the did a cat scan and found no problems.
but the back x ray found that she had a small fracture that they can not
do anything about! YIKES!
They also found that she had hit a vein on her head so stitches were called for.
They will be removed in 7 days.
She was sent home and will be VERY SORE for days!!!!!!
She was so grateful to slide into her own warm bed...
Before they stitched her head, she kept forgetting that her head was injured!
The funniest thing was when we were checking her into the emergency room.
She was unable to answer the questions, so My sister and I filled in the blanks.
When the nurse left, she said, "I am the one who fell, why are they just talking
to you 2?" No good deed goes unpunished!!! HA
To say the least it was a very Long night!
We arrived home close to 12:AM!
MOM was a good sport with all the poking and prodding from everyone!
I believe that the blood pressure taking was the worst part for her!
Well, the shots and the cleaning of the wound was also hard for her!
I did not take any pictures of this. To be honest, it never occurred to me. Ü
She looked like she needed a drum and a fife with her bandage on her head. Ü
My sister said" I have no idea what the Lord has planned for MOM?"
I too wonder what the big picture is for her!!?????
It is very hard to see her in such pain! YIKES!!!!!

I am soo tired this morning and I am not the one with the head and back pain! Ü

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claire, I am sure your good deeds are being recorded in heaven, and when she gets there, she will be so grateful for such great kids. I can't imagine seeing my mom like that. She's sure lucky to have you!

Ann said...

Wow! I hope your mom will be ok. If she was wondering if she was he one that fell, maybe the head thing won't be too bad, at least until the headache and soreness get going. I wish you and her the best of luck in her recovery!