Wednesday, August 19, 2009

We Ran Away!!!!!

After the 2 and 1/2 Months of dealing with all MOM'S falls and things being finally as good as it was ever going to get..... We ran away!!!!
I was needing some major R&R!!!! So we ran to a place that has no phone, no doorbells, no one asking for anything..
I was empty!!! I lived like a hermet! There were other cabin owners up there, but I was so emotionaly drained that
I avoided them, even though I really like them alot!! My bucket was empty!!! And my sweet boy's spent the day's filling me back up!!!!
We laughed and played games.. rode ATV's, ate alot of great food, and walked and walked!!!
There is no better place for peace and calm!! I had cried all that I could. I don't even know if empty is the word for how just done I was???
I had in the months of falls, there was nothing left.. All that was left was questions...Like, why has my friends Parents passed when they were still useful and productive and then there is My Sweet Mother who would be such a Great Helper on the Other side.. being that she
doesn't even remember herself much less her children...??? There are a lot more questions that I have about this!!!!
So I spent the time pondering all the things of this world and next and thinking about how much I don't know on the subject!!!!
I also spent the time being Greatful for My Husband and Kids!!! They have all been so great during all of this!!!
I realize that they have no idea of what it is like to have your Parent lose their memories.. But this is the 2nd time for me!!!
I am sure that if I had the Big Picture, I would be handling this in a much more Grown up way!!!
I also spent the time feeling guilty for leaving my most wonderful Sister back home dealing with everything all alone!! YIKES
What kind of a Sister am I??? Leaving all the cleanup to her..IF you see her.. Pat her on the back and tell her what a Great Daughter
she is to our Mother and What a Bad Sister she has!!! Ü She really deserves Better!!! Ü
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jill said...

Hang in there Claire. It is only for a little while. Be happy and at peace. I love you and think of your often.

Ann said...

taking the time to fill your bucket up is a good thing for you and your mom. You are right though, you have an amazing sister. I hope the best for you, your mom and your family. Hang in there!