Monday, August 24, 2009

Canning Season!!!

Have I mentioned that it is canning season??
Well here is the bounty of our Garden and also
the bounty of Peaches kindly given to us!!!!
We have made Salsa from our garden,
Whole tomatoes also from our garden!
Pickles both sweet and Dill from our garden..
We have been given tons of peaches!!
So we have bottled whole peaches,
Spice Peach Jam (THANKS T.W.E), and Raspberry & Peach Jam!!!
We were also given 2 jars of Honey from a neighbor who we had given jam!!
We have also dried peaches!!!
And as you can see, as of tonight I still have a 5 gallon bucket and then a bucket
of peaches!!?? YIKES!!!! Maybe we will dry some more...??
It is so much easier than Bottling...!!!???
The boys want more Jam!!!
That is what I will be doing till the visiting teachers get here in the morning!!!???
I just realized that I still have beans to freeze!! YIKES!!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

familywithfivekids said...

Your photos of your fruit and already canned goodies look wonderful. I think those that know how to can are so blessed. I wish I would have learned how to do that.

Ann said...

I know who to hit up for jam when I come to Hurricane!

Ann said...

C-go on the hunt for your great recipes and email or copy and send them to me, I'm working on updating my collection and would love to include them and you.