Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Walk Down Memory Lane..


The day after Mom's Funeral...

I ran away!!

Some wonderful cousins wanted
to visit Pine Valley..
And so we were Off
on an adventure into the past!

You may not know this..
But My Grand Mother was born in
Pine Valley..

I am related to some of the people who still
live there..
I have visited there many many times
in my youth..
I have camped and fished there also.

Somehow is felt right to be there
that bright Sunday Morning!!

My wonderful Sister brought books
about our Family history.

We had a tour of the Chapel, and
the Sister Wife's home that is still standing..
The Yellow home was where
2 Sisters lived.
And in my youth
we would always stop and visit them.
They were full of stories.

There is the Headstone of Our Great Grand Father
and All his wives on the back!! YIKES!!
(I am surprised that he didn't take up Drinking
Trying to please all those women!!) Ü

We also looked at the
Bishop's Store house, which was also
the Relief Society Building.

Then off to Lunch!!
What wonderful conversations we had!

Thank you to the 3 that helped make
the Day happen!
(you know who you are!)

It was a Good Day!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Colleen said...

It looks like you had a beautiful day with lots of fun memories. I hope things are going well for your family!!!

Ann said...

Clairey its good to see you back here, I've missed you. I hope you are feeling better as the days go and that everything is going good for your family. Thanks for sharing the stories and the pictures! Love ya

Carl Atkinson said...

Wonderful photos Clairey. My favorite is the view of Pine Valley from the cemetary. For sure the time in the resturant was once in a lifetime. Thanks to you and your sister for such a meaningful experience. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving in San Diego and hope you and your family are able to make the journey. This experience convinced me it is worth the effort.