Wednesday, January 6, 2010

This has been one of the Saddest days of My Life!

This Morning, around 6 or 7 Min. to 2Am..My Dear Mother Passed Away!!!!!

She had fought the Good Fight!

She had decided Saturday to start her Trip Home!!
With nothing to eat or Drink (due to her refusal to do so)
From Saturday to this early Morning, With Lungs full of
Pneumonia, and Hot with Fever..She was Done!

My Wonderful Sister and I were blessed with being there for HER
in her final journey!

Something that I am sure no one ever knew but Me..???
My Mother has the softest hands!!!
When I was a child, In Church, she would draw with her hands on my face...
Her hands felt like Silk!
In her final days, she had taken her hand and brushed the tears and Hair off of my Face...
With her now even softer hands..

She got so it hurt to be touched and that was hard.. Knowing that your slightest touch
would bring her pain!!

But in her final moments, she was not bothered by it!

My Sister and I just held her hands after, for about 1/2 an hour before we called anyone!
Knowing that we would have very little time to ever hold her hands in this life again!

Those beautiful hands that had held me during ALL my hard times..
Those hands that could lead music like they was born to do it!
Those hands that could make Donuts that just melted in your mouth!
Those hands that always were raised in welcome to all she knew!
Those hands that never wanted to wave good bye!
Those hands that would stroke my hair when I was scared at night.
Those hands that would sew clothing for me to wear!
Those hands that were always bearing gifts for my Children.
Those hands that held my babies with such Great gentleness!!
Those hands that brought such comfort!
Those hands that were such hard workers!

My oh My.. how I will miss those hands!!
Those hands that were always ready for Prayer.

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

The tribute to your Mom is so pretty and touching. I feel your pain.
Wouldn't you just love to see a little bit of heaven today?--without really going there, of course.
Love to you.

Ann said...

you make me just cry for the loss of your mom! I can't even imagine how sad you must feel, just at not ever being able to see her in this life again. So comforting that we believe there is something more after this life, it is the only way I could see that you or anyone else could bear the loss. I loved your mom so much and I have been so sad today. I just want you to know that she was very special to me. I can't imagine how different my life had been if I hadn't grown up next to the Gublers, there just aren't words. I love you tons too, if I can be there for you or if you need me for anything, I am always here. And by the way, I'm sure those hands are already engaged in heaven....

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Hugs!

Clark Family said...

Claire as I was at the temple tonight you were in my thoughts( I also entered your and Terry's name on the prayer roll) THat was a beautiful tribute to your mother but also remember that His Hands are the ones that will lead you safely back into your mom's hands and touch again. I am sure those hands embraced your Dad and what a comfort that is to know that they are together again and you too can be there too. Families can be together forever!

Anonymous said...

Claire I hope you share this at her funeral. This is beautiful. I can't understand your pain but I can only imagine. I hope you know how many people are praying for you and your family right now. And that she is pain free and loving being with your dad finally. I love you like a second mom! Big HUGS!

NatNeedham said...

Love you Claire! I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

Colleen said...

Edna I am just sitting here crying after reading your sweet words about your dear mother. She was such a wonderful lady and we will all miss her beautiful spirit. I remember taking my little children to your house on Halloween and tasting those wonderful Donuts she would always make. That was their favorite place to go. I am thankful I got to see her at Christmas. She will be missed. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Lolene said...

I am so glad you shared this post at the funeral. I really want copies of your talk, Patty's and James' talks, too. Is that a possibility? I wrote about my dear Aunt Edna on my blog, too. Oh, how I loved her...and love you kids, too.

Peggy Clyde said...

I loved your mom. She was such a wonderful lady. You were such a special little first grader and have grown into a beautiful woman.

L.Brown said...

CLAIRE, that is incredible that i have the Same recolection of my Granpa Christopherson. The softest, whitest, smoothest hands. When I would go see him I would always sit with him while every one talked and visited. He could not talk and visit much and it hurt me to think he was left out. So I would go sit with him and rub his beautful soft feet and hands and cut his nail! I miss his sweet face. Love you and sorry for your loss. Lori Brown